After our Sushi Night Extravaganza, we were left with a leftover tuna steak. Since we didn’t want such a fresh cut of fish to go to waste, this is what I made.
Ingredients (for 4 tuna steaks):
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks
- In a large non-reactive dish, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate (or pan). Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.
I dropped a picture here of when I chose to remove the steaks from the griddle. Since tuna steaks cook like actual steaks, its generally safe and tasty to leave some pink in the middle.